Tandoori Fish with Avocado Salad
Serves 2 Prep 10 MIN Cook 8 min
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup tzatziki
- 1 tbs tandoori paste
- 300g barramundi fillets
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1⁄2 avocado, diced
- 30g whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Place rice and 1/2 cup salted water in a saucepan, cover, bring to a gentle simmer and cook
- for approximately 10-15 minutes. Water should be absorbed, if not continue to cook
- uncovered. Remove from heat, and stand covered for 5 minutes, then adjust seasonings and set aside.
- Mix together 2 tbs tzatziki and tandoori paste, then coat the fish. Allow to marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes (longer for a more intense flavour).
- Heat BBQ or grill over medium heat and cook fish for a few minutes on each side.
- Shave cucumber with a vegetable peeler into thin ribbons and toss with avocado, almonds, coriander, lemon juice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve fish with salad, warm rice and remaining tzatziki.