Serves 2 Prep 5 MIN Cook 30 min
GF, EF, DF
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice, rinsed
- 25g slivered almonds
- 200g chicken breast, pre-cooked, shredded
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- 2 medjool dates, pitted & chopped
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1⁄4 bunch continental parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tbs (40g) pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Place rice, ½ cup water and ¼ tsp salt in a saucepan and simmer, covered for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and stand for 5 minutes. Spread on a plate or tray to cool.
- At the same time, toast almonds in a dry frypan over medium heat for a few minutes until golden and set aside.
- Place rice, chicken, cucumber, dates, lemon juice and parsley in a bowl, season to taste and toss well.
- Transfer to serving bowls and scatter over almonds and pomegranate to serve.